Who writes farm coverage?

HOME Forums ANE Members Forum Who writes farm coverage?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Rick
    Participant

We have a handful of small farm related property and/or liability policies being non-renewed by Cumberland as they are leaving the marketplace. Does anyone have access to a carrier who writes small farm coverage?

Jocelyn Rineer
    Participant

Hi Jamie,
    First, I want to thank you for using the member portal!
    I am not immediately aware of any carriers writing small farm coverage. Can you provide a bit more detail? I may be able to make some inquiries to help. Jocelyn

Jamie Rick
    Participant

Hi Jocelyn – in most cases the policies are a $200 premium level liability policy for a piece of farm land that is leased to a farmer or a small property policy for a barn. I think we have one roadside farm stand business with a $900 premium. Most of it is supported with other personal lines business that we don’t want to lose however. Thank you, Jamie

Carol Reese
    Participant

Jocelyn, We are also interested in knowing if a market is available. Jamie called me about this issue and we have the same problem with Cumberland non-renewing their farm policies. We only have two of them and they are the same type of small farm business as Jamie described, mostly farm buildings, some livestock, hay, etc., no liability. Thanks, Carol

Jocelyn Rineer
    Participant

I am so happy to see the member portal being used. Now I hope I can find a solution for both of you. I will do some research and hopefully other members will jump in with some ideas as well. I hope to be back to you both soon.

Jocelyn

Vinnie Hager
    Participant

Philelphia Insurance was in my office recently and they are expanding their offerings to write farms, nursery’s etc. You may want to reach out to them. Nationwide also has a farm product but I believe you need to be appointed as an agriculture agent to access.

-Vinnie Hager
    JGS Insurance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.